Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Saying Goodbyes

Ok, so obviously I’m really bad at this blog thing, and Emilee and Janelle won’t stop giving me a hard time about it so I figured I would write one more time before we leave… in two weeks!!  It’s really hard to describe everything in one blog post but I’ll try.  Right now I sort of feel like I’ve come here and created this whole new life and now I just have to leave, and a lot of these people I won’t see again! I’m pretty bummed, but at the same time ready to be done with work (I’m sure you can ask any CP that and they would agree).  No matter how much you love a job here it requires a lot of hours and some difficult people to deal with. 

Since I’ve written last I was deployed to a buffet restaurant for a couple weeks called Hollywood and Vine. It has character dining with the playhouse Disney characters for breakfast and lunch.  Brief synopsis of how it went down.  I get in my snazzy little costume and enter into the back door where I am thrown into the abyss of the kitchen. I find some workers who send me to the manager’s office. The manager didn’t know why I was there. I said I was deployed so she sent me to the front and to have Nick teach me the table numbers. I walk into the restaurant where thousands of children are suddenly running and screaming and jumping and singing (ok and laughing) everywhere I go. There’s also a scary yellow bear called Oso walking around, and a kid puking. I’m taught the numbers and seat people as fast as I can, all day. Yes, there actually is such thing as hell and I experienced it firsthand.  Ok it wasn’t that bad after a while and it actually was fun to watch the characters sing and dance with the kids but I was more than happy to head back to my home at the derby where we are like a family J

And the best part is being off work! We turn pretty quickly into vacation mode when we all happen to get the same days or times off. We’ve been to all the parks many times, ridden most the rides and seen all the shows.  The shows are my favorite and still give me the chills!! Also, one of my favorite things to do is character hunt. It takes work and some good timing but it is SO FUN. I’m kind of like a little kid when it comes to seeing the princesses and what not.  I’m still determined to see Peter pan and Pocahontas before I leave. I discovered this love for character hunting when Janelle, Emilee and I went to MK dressed as tourists! It was such a blast. Everyone treated us extra special with our "1st Visit," "I'm celebrating" and "Happy Birthday" pins. (The pins are a big deal at disney!!) It was hard keeping our story straight when we made friends while waiting in line though. We still laugh about that day and how we kept almost blowing our cover. Here is exhibit A, where Emilee told Tiana her real name on accident instead of her name on her Birthday pin! (long story, and sorry emilee ;)


 In addition we’ve got lots of friends from the awesome ward here. We like to play volleyball and we’ve even made it to the beach a couple times! We have lots of fun together going to dances and different church events or going to do stuff at the parks.  Luckily a lot of them go to BYU-Idaho so it won’t be goodbye at the end of the program. We’ve already got a Disney reunion planned! 


Altogether I’m excited for the changes coming and I’m ready to leave. It’s just hard spending time with all these people I love here when I don’t know if I’ll ever see them again. I feel like I’ve grown so much here and.. I may never be back. Wow this is way too depressing haha.  Just gotta have faith in the future and know that everything always turns out the way it’s supposed to! I am so grateful for life!!
Until next time
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment