Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Beaches and Mansions (Janelle)

Last Tuesday a whole bunch of us took the day off and drove to Clearwater Beach, which is about an hour and a half away. It was so beautiful! The sand was white and the water was so clear that I could see my feet when I was standing in the water (I guess that explains the name. duh.) There was about fifteen of us who went, and we all chilled on the beach, tossed a football around while playing in the ocean, played beach volleyball, and got tan (or in my case, sunburnt, but just in spots I missed with the sunblock!). It was awesome to see the sights and to just relax and enjoy the views! And to top it off, on the way back we stopped at Steak n' Shake and got some yummy food and shakes, it was divine :)

This morning I got up and got on a bus at 5:39 so that I could go on a backstage tour of the Haunted Mansion! A bunch of my coworkers and I got to go two hours before the park opened and learn about all the tricks and history of the ride, as well as get to be the first people to ride it once the park opened. It was so neat! I love how Disney puts so much detail into everything--even things that no one but cast members would ever notice. So worth losing a little sleep this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment