Sunday, February 26, 2012

Work has been insane the past few days/weeks (sorry I haven't blogged in awhile!) I love working in a restaurant! It is really hard sometimes because people don't always treat you very well but for the most part, people are nice and love to tell you about their great day at Disney World. I have now been trained to do more at the Crystal Palace and so I'm not just a "seater" but I can update the floor and I can check people in and make reservations and direct them places and recommend other places to go if they haven't made reservations (I mean, come on. You come to Disney World expecting to get in to one of the 4 table restaurants in all of magic kingdom without a reservation??!) Working at Disney World, we are expected to be the happiest people all the time and I love that but who knew what hard work it is to be so happy! But I love being there and making others happy. I helped make a "magic moment" the other day. I was on door duty (standing outside making sure that people don't come in who aren't supposed to and directing people to check-in and helping them get to where they want to be) and I heard one of the little girls inside say that she just lost her first tooth a few minutes before! A few coworkers and I got together and went to her table. We asked the little girl what her name was and then told her that Tinker Bell had talked to us who is in league with the tooth fairy of course and that she had told us that she lost a tooth that day. We gave her a pin that said "I'm celebrating loosing my first tooth!" and she lit up as we all clapped for her and prinkled pixie dust on her table telling her that it came straight from Never Land just for her. She was so happy and I couldn't believe that I get to make those little moments happen every day if I want and look for the opportunity. I also love being able to watch the Wishes fireworks every single day. It is so amazing to see them. They are a million times better than any 4th of July show and I feel so lucky to be able to have this experience in my life to look back on throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment