Monday, February 27, 2012

Today was interesting. I worked another morning shift so it was slow and our computer system was down so we had to do everything manually which caused a few problems but we all worked it out. When I work mornings, there are times when it's slow and there's no one on the porch waiting to be sat or else it's busy and there's 30 waiting but at one point, it was a really slow time with a few people outside waiting and one old man in a wheel chair starts singing to all of us seaters! We loved it because people don't usually sing to us! He was so sweet and funny. I love working with people like that! Later on, when it was turn-over time which means that we are changing from breakfast to lunch and so people are leaving but no one's coming in to be sat, the characters got a little bored. They are so crazy when they have nothing to do! Tigger and Piglet sit at a table and pretend to eat together or else they come up to people (mostly Tigger because he's crazy) and mess with their hair or things like that. Today Tigger grabbed hold of the vacuum cleaner and started vacuuming up the floor! Then one of the seaters proceeded to chase him around the room trying to get it back. It made us all laugh... and then we had to go seat some more but I snapped a picture of the seater and Tigger together after their race. Another thing that happened today was as I was on hula hoop duty so I stand outside and hula hoop with lots of little kids or trade pins or just talk to people and answer questions. I love when Latter Day Saints come up to me and tell me they are Mormon. It makes my day to know that we're all over the world! Whenever I do see them, it makes me feel like I'm seeing family or something, people I understand and know that they understand me. It's a great feeling and I love being a part of the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment